Green Beans with Crispy Lupin Crumb
Here's something to rival your typical zi char stir-fried vegetable dishes. Adding some proteins, crunch, and pizzaz to elevate your veggies.
Photo credits and adapted recipe from for The Lupin Co.
|Lupin Flakes||1 cup (120g)|
|Green beans, ends removed||250g|
|Olive oil||2 tbsp + for stir-fry|
|Garlic, crushed||1 clove|
|Fresh or dried herbs||1 tbsp|
|Lemon juice||½ tbsp|
|Salt and pepper||To taste|
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- In a bowl toss all the ingredients until well mixed and evenly coated.
- Transfer the mix to a shallow baking tray, lined with baking paper.
- Roast, tossing occasionally, until golden brown for 15-20 minutes.
- Add small amount of oil to a heated frying pan. Stir-fry green beans until cooked, tossing intermittently.
- Plate up green beans and top with crispy lupin crumb. Serve immediately.
Crispy lupin crumb is also great with a wide variety of roasted, steamed, or grilled vegetables, e.g. broccoli, asparagus, Chinese spinach.