Lupin No-Bake Oatmeal Protein Energy Balls
This simple and healthy no-bake oatmeal energy balls recipe is perfect for easy snacking on-the-go! With rolled oats, protein powder, peanut butter and a touch of honey, these energy balls will keep you satisfied for hours.
Photo credits and recipe from the Singapore Sport Institute, Sport Nutrition Team.
|Lupin Flakes||½ cup|
|Rolled oats||½ cup|
|Vanilla whey protein||½ cup|
|Cinnamon, optional||½ teaspoon|
|Smooth natural peanut butter||½ cup|
|Dried fruit/ choc chips/ nuts & seeds or any preferred add-in||¼ cup|
|Salt, omit if peanut butter is salted||1 pinch|
- Roast lupin flakes in oven for 5 minutes at 120 °C.
- Add lupin flakes, oats, protein powder and cinnamon to a large bowl.
- Add peanut butter and honey. Stir to combine.
- Add in dried fruit (or other preferred add in). Mixture should be slightly sticky but still crumbly.
- Slowly add in liquid (milk) 1 tbsp at a time and using clean hands, combine until it comes together in a sticky ball that holds together. Roll into balls.
- Place the balls in the fridge to firm up. Leave them stored in an airtight container, or alternatively freeze them for a longer life (up to 3 months).
Average Quantity per ball (no add-ins)