Lupin Oatmeal Granola Bars
|Instant Oatmeal, No sugar added||3 pouches|
|Traditional Rolled Oats||60g|
|Unsalted butter||2 tablespoons (24g)|
|Natural Almonds, roughly chopped||70g|
|Unsweetened Coconut Flakes||150g|
|Dried Apricots (or other dried fruit), chopped||90g|
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line baking tray with baking paper/ silicone baking mat.
2. On baking sheet, combine lupin flakes, instant oatmeal, rolled oats, nuts, and coconut flakes. Toast in oven for about 10 minutes, stirring every 3-4 minutes to ensure even toasting. Put toasted ingredients in a bowl and reduce oven temperature to 150°C.
3. Combine butter and honey in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil on medium heat. Pour mixture into bowl with toasted ingredients and stir in dried fruit and cacao nibs. Give it a good stir.
4. Return mixture to the baking tray, pressing down evenly, about 1cm thick. If you have trouble getting an even layer, lay another baking sheet on mixture and use a rolling pin across the baking sheet.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Your kitchen will smell amazing at this point.
6. Remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 3 hours and cut into serving sizes. We stored these babies in an airtight container with baking sheet in between the layers so they won't get stuck together.
7. Have a couple for breakfast or an on-the-go snack and pat yourself for a job well done!
Each 25g bar provides about 4g protein and 4g fibre! Now, that's a great snack!